Sunday, November 23, 2008

Saving Gaia

An article designed for INVEST Issue Oct/Nov.



I take great interest in designing this article, first try failed, was trying to draw Gaia (mother earth) embracing the earth, but did not turn out good. Started to reference some mags for ideas, then saw a stock image of a globe in the company's library, so got this idea to do something like this. Hmm, i do not hv a name for this kind of design, but i guess i saw it somewhere b4, but itz definately not copied, itz my own work. the bushes are actually part of a picture of a tree. I searched for alot of images thru the net, and cropped them out, blending them into the globe, it was a satisfying piece of work, i was calling it "我的完美世界" when i was working on it, but after that, i decide to make the other half of it "lifeless", so to amplify the idea of "Saving". I had fun looking for photos of animals, thinking of what animal to add, talking to myself, and my colleagues giving inputs on what animals i can add. Over all, not alot of animals, but it was fun. (wanted to add whales actually, haha).

Working on these stuffs keeps me going man. Here's the final layout design in INVEST. One of my favs.

No comments:

 

xanga tracker
Adelphia High Speed Access