Sunday, November 23, 2008

Julie's Love Letters

Dear Julie,

I read with interest Ryu and SX's letters to you. I can't deny my first impressions of u is only images of rolls of biscuits that tastes of either strawberry or cocoa, flashbacks of CNY and my company's pantry also appeared, but, all these years, I never knew u could read letters, gosh. Now that i know that u do read the letters written to you (though u dun reply), i thought i could write to you too, why not?

Itz been busy days recently, i got work crushing on me, like i mentioned in my blog earlier on, AR pitchings had been killing me. Now that SI Guide is uploaded for color proofs, I hv to work on INVEST again else my editor is starting to get annoyed that I hv been neglecting his work and only working on ARs. Never did he know that i myself hv no choice, if given one, i would work on INVEST. The revamp of the mag i planned is like so far away now that all my precious time is eaten like grass being eaten by grasshoppers working on AR mockups.

Economy dun seem to good too, i am not an economist nor do I read "The Economist", but i do know that there are pay cuts, retrenchments gg around, and therefore, some of my evil plans to ***edited to protect myself*** hv to be held back.

Well, I hv to mention that the bad global finance is also creating more theives also. There are theives even in resorts of sentosa! Can u believe this? We were hving a meeting there, and the ladies left their bags in the room during lunch after being assured that the room will be locked when we leave. Who on gaia will know that there exist a theive that opens their bags, fishes out 50$ notes, leaving handphones untouched, leaving some money behind to keep the victim confused on the actual amount of money they brought with them. Anyway, a report was lodged, i dun think they can catch anyone, but at least, it creates some awareness, and i am sure that is the last time our company is gg there for a meeting.

Hmm, as u know, i got a 金田一 in me, and i cant help but play detective, i suspect the theive is the person who is suppose to lock the door. Cuz, he could conveniently lock the door while he (or she, am never a sexist) get all the money he wants, then, leave the room locking it from outside normally again. In that case, anyone coming back inbetween lunch could not be able to walk into the room while he is at "work". What do you think? Having said these, i hv no time to stay back to help the police inspectors as they were still on their way when i had to leave the resort to go back to my more impt issues waiting for me in the office.

I had a nice sat yesterday. Auntie Number 2 came to our house on fri night, and stayed over. The next day, mum need to pray Ah Gong, so she had to be busy cooking, and sis and stan went for class, therefore, i got up at 815am to go over to over see the boys and gal, who, had already started their gaming escapades (jus the boys, the gal was lying behind watching them). After awhile, Dacia decided to leave the room and on the dvd Chicken Little. I watched abit with her, after which we went over to my house again, and from there, brought Dylan to his last 2nd music lesson in TM. Ya, i feel sad that he is giving up on his piano talents. He seem like he is ready to be a good pianist if he carry on, but well, guess his parents do not want to force something on him also. Still, i feel it was abit painful to stop.

Before lunch at home, i settled my singnet prom (itz wasnt really settled), i called them after finding out that 1626 could actually infact reach a human, by going into 3 or 4 "Others". Hmm, hv to mention i was nasty to a guy on the line, but i do not feel guilty at all, he told he he hv to hang up cuz he need to answer another call. I guess u would hv been nasty also if it was u in my shoes right?

The best part was after this. I had lunch, and, fell asleep (not on the lunch table), and when i woke up (inbetween, ryu called to tell me some good news but my response was not as good cuz i was half asleep), Wow... it was sooo cool, rain was lashing outside the window, cool wind coming in, and Dacia (my 3 yr old niece, before u harbour any wild thoughts) just woken up and was lying beside me. I mean i slept for near 3 hrs, and i woke up to such nice weather.. and itz a sat noon, how cool is that right? and i fell asleep again with Dacia, and woke up at 5pm. From there, had my dinner, and after that, I planned to go anywhere for coffee, b4 gg to 456 to pass the car to my dad and sis, then, go up to AP's home to overnight. In my car in the carpark, i was still pondering on where to go for coffee when i thought maybe i could go up woodlands find GL? then i thought of ryu, and remembered that my response to his good news was abit not as good cuz of my mental condition when he called, so i thought maybe i could go his area for coffee b4 gg up to jurong. He was happy that i called because he was gg to bookin and he had not had dinner yet. Therefore, my driving down means 3 things, 1. nice dinner outside; 2. chitchat session; 3. another free ride to somewhere nearby to facilitate his booking in; Well, i was glad i could help and we did hv a nice session catching up on his great news, on movies, on white tiger issues, on the music industry, lame christian names of asian artistes, on investing, and on blog issues. This was infact y i am writing to you now.

Okay, I am currently in AP's home, we had breakfast this morning with her parents, we were "forced" to join her relatives at the kopi tiam and i had to sit back facing the TV missing my Doraemon. Itz actuallty ok, i mean i dun really watch Dora properly nowadays, but being able to watch it at a kopi tiam seems nice also. Nevermind that.

Itz November, Guns & Roses are launching their new album this Nov end. I am not listening to November Rain but i still like tat song alot also.

Itz been a year and i am starting to miss Hokkaido after a year. Really, i am starting to recall the weather there, the snow falling when me and ap was on the streets in a small town there. I miss the public sauna baths, the outdoor one esp, when the snow fall and melts before hitting the hot water, my face feeling the cold air while my body soaks in the more than warm water. Have u been there also? If not, u might like to talk to yr boss, he could hv u sold there in the stores. Hmm, dun be too hopeful though, cuz I understand that Hokkaido is mroe famous to produce their own Chocolate and beer and therefore might not be keen on products like you. But do give it a try if u like what I described and wanna be there yrself too.

In replacment of Hokkaido, we are gg up Genting for a cool holiday this coming weekend. AP's exams are ending soon and she will be a grad mid next year. This will put an end to her tedious study life and maybe bring her back to boring working life she's been complaining abt before her degree course.

Hmm, this is my first letter to you and i do hope i am not boring you. Do hv a Merry Xmas yrself and hope u will enjoy being munched at during this festive season just like before.

Best Regards
Neobooboo

No comments:

 

xanga tracker
Adelphia High Speed Access