Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pigeon Meal at Orchard


Hv u ever had a meal with a pigeon? Was it enjoyable? I had one b4, in Orchard, hmm, it might hv been a better experience if Mr Pi was less arrogant. Also, i did not arrange to meet him, it was impromptu (not sure correct to use this word here not).

Okay, itz on my birthday when this happens 4th Sept 19 year not impt (hope itz not too early to remind u of this). Anyway, itz my 30th birthday. yup, 30th.

Was gg for the presentation course near Orchard, so had to be there quite early, and it was my birthday so decide to eat hotcakes to celebrate (not serious). It seems like a nice morning to be eating hotcakes at Mac and to hv it outdoors seem an even more nicer idea. Erm, not tat i hv any choice, that Mac no indoor one.

So, found a nice seat, start to eat, there were pigeons flying around on the pavements, itz really a nice sight, u know, like the getting closer to nature kinda feeling? So, maybe Mr Pi sense that and decided to join me. He flew to my table, stood on it right opposite me. Hmm, how do i put it, i am not scared of pigeons as i am of cockroaches, but, when u get a pigeon standing on yr table so near u (itz a very small round table), u won know how to react also right? I wanted to shoo it away, but i was quite reluctant to touch it. So i sort of stared at it for 5 secs, not knowing what to do. And, guess wat, Mr Pi starts to look around, intenting to feed himself to my breakfast, looking at which one he wanted to share with me.

U might not believe me, but i could see from his eyes that he was the arrogant type, i mean wat pigeon would look around the table, selecting what to eat, with a human jus less than 5ocm infront of him? or it? I recover from this culture shock and use my human hands to shoo it away before he could share my food. So he flapped his great wings and flew off back to the pavement i guess.

Wah, nice right? to hv him flap his wings above yr food? Bo pian, i dun wanna waste it, so i continue with my hotcakes (yup, still hot), after 5mins, Mr Pi came back, i not sure if it is still him or not, but my sixth sense tell me it is. He did the same, stood infront of me. Twitching his head around, selecting with food to pick from my menu.

Really, i felt like flipping the table on him but resisted. But in short, I shooed him away again, he flapped his wings again, to whereever he came from.
Okay, that was it. i could not carry on anymore, i walked off after that, leaving my hotcakes and coffee for Mr Pi. I hope he go back to the table after i left, dun waste the food. But, in my mind at that point of time, i wished i brought my shotgun along with me. (those they use to shoot birds in the HDB parks u know?)
So much for hotcakes for birthdays. So much for outdoor meals also.

No comments:

 

xanga tracker
Adelphia High Speed Access