Saturday, August 8, 2009

Humble the wrong way

One night i was at sis house, Dave ask me to draw him a Speed Racer. He fetch his dad's model of a speed racer and also a small piece of paper. I saw the car and thought it was not very easy cuz alot of curves and stuff.

So i started sketching it, and halfway thru, Dave saw that the car is forming, he was very excied, "Au gu, u are the best drawer in the world! U can be art teacher already! "

Haha. Knowing where I stand in the real world, i told him thats not true, I am jus okay, i cannot be art teacher cuz you have to be very good to be art teacher.

to my surpirse, he replied "Ah gu, why you always like tat one? U always say u are not good when u are very good!"

Actually I know I have this problem, but itz funny that such analogy come out from a 7 yr old boy. haha..

Alot of times ppl come comment abt my work "Eh, not bad leh, very nice." I will say "ok only la.. i seen much better ones.." or " no la.. i not pro la.. still early.."

My superior commented once that he think i should be able to do better if i am in a position of my other superior, and i frankly told him that i dun think so plus i thought that other person is already doing fine, i cannot do better.

hahaha.. I think maybe bec i hv not desire to climb up the corporate ladder.

I have always been a perfectionist the wrong way, haha. Perfectionist make sure the things they do is perfect; I stop doing the thing that I know is not gg to be perfect. I think alot of ppl have the same problem; Stopping too early, even before they try hard enough.

Being humble is one thing, but being humble in a wrong way and u might end up not improving when u can.

No comments:

 

xanga tracker
Adelphia High Speed Access