Monday, December 8, 2008

Wide Angle Fetish

Recently spent abt 600$ on a 2nd hand lens. Tokina Wide Angle lens - 12mm. Digital has this crop factor of 1.5, therefore itz a 12 x 1.5 mm lens. Still considered wide angle. I got it extensively used in my Malaysia trip (Genting Highlights & KL) last weekend, and it turned out interesting. Colors are quite nice and i quite like the wide angle results. In the end, my 50mm stayed in the camera bag for the 4days.

Wide angle lens are normally not used for portraiture as it causes some certain extents of distortions to the human being's features, depending on how near the being is to the lens. The nearer, the greater the distortions. The thin face becomes fatter, the fat, needless to say, become, hmm, well, bigger. t depends on the angle the portrait is taken from also. shooting downwards, the head is big, the body is small, shooting upwards, vice versa.

Still, I managed to get some volunteers for to be in this experiment. First on the queue is Mr NeoBooBoo


Second coming up is Miss AP



Finally, itz Mr Monk I met in KL, below KLCC (Twin Tower), i had to donate RM2 for this shot, but i guess besides getting this photo, it also earned me some merit points for my next life.


No comments:

 

xanga tracker
Adelphia High Speed Access